Re: Bad idea and clean Who

> > You missed my whole point....
>
> No.....I didn't miss your point.
>
> You want Pete and The Who to be *clean* so they can
> regain their place on top of the rock/music world, so you can continue to
> cover their songs and be proud that you are a winner.    I get it, man!
>
> This ideological move on Pete's part is what makes me so
> proud to
> be one of his fans.   What can I say?  I'm a boy!

This is not at all what my point was.  I don't ever want The Who to be clean.  And the music I cover didn't even enter into my thinking at all.  What my problem with it is that Pete is going ahead with this and not considering us, the people who support him financially and emotionally.  Maybe you think it is unreasonable that I am not eagerly anticipating having to defend against the barrage of ignorant comments which will follow the title to this song.  BUT, the whole situation can be so easily avoided with no artistic compromise whatsoever.  The content, the words, the music all remains intact.  If The Who goes ahead with this, I'm not sure I'm willing to make the effort to defend it every time it is brought up.  It will take an emotionally exhausting effort to do this, yet almost no effort for Pete to avoid it.

Mc