Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V10 #335

Hi, Don't post very often, but here's my two penn'orth on the "issue" of RGLB:

While I share the concerns many of you have expressed, and can certainly imagine the looks of horror on the faces of friends and family who have *shared this experience* with you, I think we are all prone to being a little over-sensitive.

I don't know how things are playing out over in the States, but over here in Britain, the PT / paedophila row has largely faded into the "yesterday's news" bin. As have, frankly, The Who.

Yes, if The Who / PT were to release RGLB as a single, and that were to get a little airplay (fat chance!! - our radio stations play Beyonce, they play Blue, they play Kylie, they play Gareth bloody Gates, but they DON'T play The Who...) - if all that were to hapen, then yes, the tabloid papers would pick up on it and make something of it. But as things stand... naaah.

I'm really looking forward to hearing this new stuff. I sincerely hope it's great, but I'm damned sure it *won't* sound anything like The Who we used to know. Whether it will be any good... well, Who Knows...

Finally, if the tabloids over here had wanted to stir things, then they could have gone big with the picture sleeve of that "Peppermint Lump" single by "Angie", the one with the schoolgirl in the foreground and Pete lurking *very* suspiciously under a tree. Now, at the time that came out (1978???), I thought very little of it - just a picture that was supposed to be funny, but which looked ja bit tasteless. Now - well, let's just give a big sigh of thanks no-one thought to dig that image up at the hight of all the fuss.

My hope and wish is that PT and RD make a great album, and that the show(s) at the RAH next year are exciting, challenging and fun. Beyond that, I can't ask for more.

Greetings to all from the dismal North West of England.

Oh, and could you ask your President to stay at home? Ta!

Simon Malia

MSN Messenger with backgrounds, emoticons and more. http://www.msnmessenger-download.com/tracking/cdp_customize