Don't pull that trigger!

	>From: SicilianMother@
	>Subject: Re: Let go of my hand!
>
>In Pete's diary, it says that Roger was singing the song to everyone he could
>while doing Extreme History.  That tells me he thinks it is a great song,

I remember, and yes.

> and
>isn't afraid of the title.

No evidence of that.

>Regarding Pete, I think the day Pete Townshend starts writing his music for
>the sole reason of appealing to the masses and looking only to please fans and
>non-fans alike, is the day Pete has *lost it* and really, really needs to
>retire.  IMHO.

Well.....umm.....
How to reply....?
Pinball Wizard?  :-)
Really, while artists claim that they write only as a pure expression of their artistic..ness, the reality is somewhere in between.
They practice artistic expression, but tweak things so as to garner record company contracts, mass sales, chart hits, etc.
I'm sure we could come up easily with a couple dozen examples of The Who and Pete doing this in the past.
All bands make compromises here and there.

This, however, in my book, is different.
This, won't just *not* please many people, it will assuredly displease many people.
Why handcuff yourself?

My gut says it's a bad idea.
And, as posted, if it were a song against child porn, then the title, IMO, is inappropriate.
Surely, though, a name change for a song about Elvis isn't too much of an artistic compromise.
Given the current troubles.

Is it?
Really?
Would it be so Baaaaaaaad?
If so, why?

There's sticking to your guns.
But if the guns are shooting you in the foot............

Kevin in VT

Confidentiality Notice: