The Who and the Lake

> I traded up.  ;)

Jo:

I've got this bridge I can sell you, and I'll give you
a REAL GOOD DEAL.

> Fuck me!  I forgot about that!  You were on the road
> with ELP for a while, weren't you?

Scott:

Briefly.

> (This is no joke, people.  Mark is telling the
> truth.)

It's not funny, how could it be a joke?

> Clearly Pete is still struggling with the issue.
> I found this statement to be pretty telling.

Kevin:

I'm hopeful.

> We want details!

No big deal. I carried amps. I never had a
conversation with any of the band. I slept in the
truck on the way to the next gig. The band made the
same jokes between the same songs every night, and
played the same songs in the same order every night.
The piano which Emerson played while spinning was
hollow. I have to wonder how much of the show was on
tape. Lots of sex and drugs, no money. Before long I
left and hitchiked to Jerome, Arizona.

> What's his bass style?

Nothing spectacular. He was a better singer, really.

> How do you think he'll work out?

In one song, I can see it.

> Does he have the licks?

To be in The Who? No way. It could only work in a
guest star situation, like the album Box Of Frogs if
you're familiar with it.

> I'll use my best girlfriend for an example.

Jo:

Um...let me rethink that requested ban on writing
about your dating...

> Cheap shot and irrelevant.  Another personal attack.

Mc:

YOU were BRAGGING about getting drunk and letting
people hit you in the face! How does identifying this
mindset as part of your method of reasoning (I use the
term loosely) constitute an attack? I'm merely trying
to keep things in the proper perspective. To be fair,
you know? Maybe you don't, given your hero clearly
O'Reilly does not.

=====
Just say Yes to Wes!

        Cheers         Mark Leaman