Re: Pete's grandmother

Kane wrote:

>This is the obvious conclusion after a review of the press about the incident, but look back to the beginning of the list discussion. Wasn't everyone here convinced that Pete's grandmother was responsible for the molestation? Kevin phrased his comments this way, and they were corroborated by others on the list. My conclusion is that the general memory that the public will take away from this incident is that Townshend was molested by his grandmother. It's quite unfortunate, of course.

Kane:

Yeah, I agree with your conclusion. Sorry I missed your point. And
it is unfortunate. After reading Horse's Neck, I have come to the
conclusion that Pete's parents should have been more clued in about the Grandmother's ability to look after Pete. Pete's feeling of inadequacy
in the eyes of his mother was probably not far off base. You have to
wonder about what his early years were like.

This has given me second thoughts as to who I leave my children with.

> Gee, it sounds so simple the way you've put it.

Kevin:

Yeah, you should hear my treatment on the who killed JFK.
What was that thing that Scott said "Oscar's Raisen" or
something like that.

>You should write Pete and give him lessons on being clear and getting to the point!

Funny. I don't think it can be helped at this point - his Yoda-speak - that is.

Joe in Philly