Re: Can we see the innocence of Jimi Hendrix? (no Jimi)

Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 12:21:08 -0500
From: "O'Neal, Kevin W." <Kevin.ONeal@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Had Pete's initial statement been that he researched only a list of sites to heighten awareness of all these sites, would anyone here still have wanted Pete to apologize?

I can say I wouldn't have.

So, then, the remaining question is why it's all so different now?

My remaining question is, why didn't Pete make this statement in January 2003 instead of October, as it seems to clear up the whole thing and exonerate him completely? At least, a lot of commentators have said as much.

Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 13:22:35 -0500
From: "Schrade, Scott" <sschrade@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I would have still wanted an apology. As I've stated, no kind of research
is an excuse to give $5.00 to people who arrange for babies to get fucked.

According to his "Detail" diary entry he gave $5 to people who maintained listings of sites where such images could be found. Not necessarily the same as giving $5 to those who directly produce the images. Again, how could this "detail" be missed for 9 months??

Also, Pete claims that what he did was not illegal at the time. Ex post facto laws are unconstitutional in the U.S....are they allowed in the U.K.?

Cheers,
Alan
"the average Texan...carries not just a gun but a SHOTGUN." --Pete Townshend, 1967