Re: Can we see the real Pete??

In a message dated 11/3/2003 2:34:42 AM Eastern Standard Time,
SicilianMother@xxxxxxx writes:
For the record, when I heard Pete was arrested, I remember  I was not sipping
tea
Yeah, I remember that day that Pete got arrested vividly. My heart was sick.
I was numb.    What made me so angry was that Pete is on the side of the good
guys.  There is a real problem (pedophiles) and because of this man and his
fame, so many more know about it.    And he was branded as one!

I wasn't embarrassed, I was pissed.

If you know what it does to the victims of this horrible sin, it will change
your perspective.  It is going on all the time. I am so angry about this!!
This thing damages a person's soul.  It makes the victim feel like a dirty,
worthless person and it never goes away. Unless one gets real help, it often
results in suicide.

When a bomb drops on someone, it often comes without notice.  The tough guys
may say that people "just fuck up" but Pete is much more sensitive and
realistic than that. He knows from experience.  I like having a guy like that on my
side.  I *just* found out that it happened to my own daughter by the man that
my ex wife left me for back when I "fucked up". Now I know why she can't get
along with her mom.  And why she feels so bad about herself. And why she has
trouble paying attention in school.  She only feels comfortable around a few
people. And no this isn't a sob story, it is real life. -She is smart and is
tougher than hell.

I bet many on this list have similar ugly stories, I'm just dumb enough to
tell a few of mine to escape the realm of speculation.

I remember sending in a post on this back in Jan. and it was headed something
like "Pete being punished for his bravery."  Knowing a bit about the after
affects of such things, I was in tune to a different bomb and I was glad to see
such a wonderful thing posted that year before. As I remember, it didn't get
much response here.  I know that Pete wasn't just messing around with a credit
card on a whim.

When you go to war with the devil, you'll find that he doesn't fight fair. If
you are indifferent or cooperative, he will leave you alone. but when you
point your finger at him, he will do what he can to destroy you.  He's a drowning
man and he wants to take down as many as he can with him.  And yes, there IS
a devil. You don't even need to ask for proof.  Just watch the 11:00 news.

Jon in Mi.