Re: Can we see the real Pete??

> I  believe that Pete is addressing his diary posts to us to a certain extent.
> But, I think there is so much more going on that we don't know about and
> aren't really entitled to know about.

Now you're making assumptions, Jo.  *You* can interpret but I can't?

> You know as well as I do that his diary posts are cryptic at best.

Not true.  Some are.  Some aren't.

> If I were to say, he is writing that way because he doesn't want us to hold him
> to what he says, then I am saying that I know exactly why he writes what he does
> and that would be presumptuous of me.

Listen.....let's not stray from the subject here.  We're not talking about song lyric
interpretation!  We're talking about Pete's reasons for paying to access a child
porn site, OK?  When a person gives their reasons for something like that, being
defensive & vague probably isn't the best strategy.

> Without a doubt, I love hearing what he has to say.  I also love having Matt
> to provide us with a forum to trade info and Paul running this list.  But, I
> read (and sometimes write) like I am an insider and I am not.  Pretty much none
> of us are, except Matt.

What does that mean?  That only Matt is entitled to know the truth?  That only
Matt is *able* to know the truth?  Everyone else should expect zilch?

> I think it makes us feel really informed when we can take a post of Pete's
> and interpret it.  Sometimes we are probably right with our interpretations.
> But, we REALLY don't know for sure

Interpret it?!!!  We're talking about Pete's reasons for paying to access a child
porn site!!!  You make it sound like all his diary entries are vague ramblings that
can be interpreted several ways.

> I think he writes whatever the hell he wants and doesn't spend a whole lot
> of time thinking "if I say this, they'll interpret it this way, so I'd better not say
> this"  or "I'd better tell them that".

The guy's a flippin' genius!  You think he's just spouting rubbish?  He's a
*writer,* for God's sake!  A well-read intelligent man.  I believe he takes
great care in what he writes.  Which is why I'm so bleedin' confused.

- SCHRADE in Akron