Re: The possible end of the who

> You know, maybe Pete could step up to the plate so to speak and announce
> officially that The Who is no more. I feel that this would be the classy
> thing to do.

I could see him doing that on his website; a personal message to his fans.
But an official press release would be ill-advised because:

1. They went through all that in '82 with the "no more big tours" announce-
ment; and we all know how well they kept *that* promise.  A similar state-
ment in 2003 might be met with skepticism & derision.

2. To say, "That's it. The Who's finished," implies that The Who was some
vital, thriving, product-producing unit - which it isn't & hasn't been
since the early '80s.  How many stories have been related on this list
concerning listers who encountered people who didn't even know The Who
toured in 2000 or 2002?  Basically, The Who is just a touring band who
sometimes kicks around the idea of making a new record.  Hardly worth an
announcement of a cessation of activity.

But I do see your point about an announcement to express thanks to us fans.
But that might take a while.  Pete doesn't seem to be too eager to open
up to us fans at the moment.

- SCHRADE in Akron