Re: Johanna - the unforgiveable sinner

From: SicilianMother@aol.com

Dear UnforgivingLew,

Please, please, please, please, please, please forgive me.....I'll admit that
I am lower than low, the worst of the worst, not worthy of anything
ever........I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry.......I'll never commit that
offense, ever, ever, ever again. What else can I say that will show my sincerity?<
think, think, think>..........I guess if you can't forgive me now, I guess
I'll just...........be unforgiven (or unforegave?).

I have committed the sin of indiscretion......and I have learned from my
mistakes.  I will pay my penance now.

But even Pete sings "you are forgiven, you are forgiven, you are forgiven,
you are forgiven, forgivin, forgivin, forgiven, forgiven.............your all
forgiven!!!"

Oh wait, I have sinned again. I have written to you and have been forbidden
to do so.......oh jeez.......I guess I'm a hopeless case.

Can I blame it on the pain meds I am taking for me foot?  huh?

Jo <writing with a straight face and puppy dog eyes>
---

Johannah,

Maybe someone will reply to/forward this since I am blocked from your
email, so indeed you may be made aware of my reply to this sarcasm.

Hard to tell who came first, this sarcasm, which appeared to be sent earlier than
your private correspondence, yet received 10 minutes later.....either way.........

Without divulging the contents of your private email to me, which I initially took
as being sincere, I find it damning and hypocritical of you to have preceded it, or
even sent it subsequently, with this nasty outpouring on it's very head or tail,
especially publicly.

Truth be told, I saved none of our private correspondence, with which I could,
but wouldn't, open some eyes around here, concerning your personality.

As far as what you have divulged, or will divulge in the future about me and my
personal problems/trials/difficulties/addictions, the only thing that matters to me
is your betrayal of confidentiality. Tell the tale, just the the tale truthfully, it
appears that you must do so.

That said, yes, I have a serious drinking problem, even to the point of alcoholism,
which, considering that 3/4 of the members of TheWho-> share/shared the same
disease/illness/trait, makes me perfectly at home here on this list.

Yes, I told you that I was attempting to go the way of Moonie, and basically kill
myself with the consumption of Remy Martin and/or Jack Daniel's.

Yes, I am prone, sober or not, to bouts with depression, having lost, over the last
3 1/4 years, my wife, my home, my financial integrity, suffered a stroke making it
impossible for me to work further in my chosen profession, Law, had a close
member of my immediate family commit suicide, and am selling my lifelong collection
of guitars just to make ends meet.

I did ask you out to a concert in October 2002. You have already stated publicly
that you declined. More about this, my feelings/actions, and your reactions/replies
cannot be made without breaking confidentiality on my part, which I refuse to do
under any circumstances.

Judge me as you will,

AnEnglishBoy~