Re: Our expectations

Jon wrote:

>I just went to a restaurant by myself and ate. I read a few chapters in a book that I >am reading and then the thought hit me that possibly Kevin's, Scott's, and Ken's >(and others) expectations of Pete may be higher than mine.

Are you reading "The Four Agreements" by chance? This is a good read
for giving and getting the most in relationships. I found it a nice refresher for
my relationship with my wife.

>Maybe that is where the disappointment is rooted and the frustrations are >manifested from. I am sorry if I seemed to discount that. You don't get that hurt by >someone that you don't care about. I feel as though in eyes of many, Pete let them >down.

I can see some merit to this suggestion. I feel that Pete has pushed the
envelope in so many directions that I am personally numbed to some degree.
The guy has a huge amount of charismatic bandwidth with seemingly unlimited
ability to surprise, and shock us. I care about him, but the practical side of
me says to distance myself from his highs and lows because I have no
control over them. None of us do. If you don't have the same distance
I do, I am not suggesting that it is wrong.

Many of us have different cycles with respect to our thoughts and emotions,
and the pace at which we process information varies tremendously as does
the intensity.

That's my one note on this.

"One note. Sounds like a light ray. Sounds like a new day...
Holds all the others. Millions of colors. So one note. Is BEST!" - Young Ray

Joe in Philly