Re: eddie out of tune

In a message dated 5/23/2003 3:14:23 PM Eastern Standard Time, TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> I was listening other day the RAH DVD and I almost certain of this: Eddie
> Vedder was clearly out of tune in I'm one. In Let's See
> Action he began out
> but in the middle he got the key.

I know what you are referring to, but I don't think he's actually off key.  That's just how Eddie sings.  I've never liked it.  He sort of takes a note and bounces around it with that strange, artificial vocal quality he uses.  I refuse to believe that anyone's voice naturally sounds like that.  He puts that on because it's unique (or used to be, anyway), and I don't think he can hit the more difficult notes with his regular voice.  Just an opinion.

Mc