Pete's Email To Rolling Stone

In case anyone failed to access the link, here is an email that Rolling Stone
magazine said it received from Pete:

=====

I intend to work my way back to normality.  As a result of all this shit, I've decided
to greatly formalize the structure of my charity (Double-O) and the way I work with
"survivors" -- so that in future my work is more well-known to everyone.  I've kept
my profile low in this area out of modesty I suppose, and it has worked against me.

I am going to complete my autobiography, Pete Townshend (who he?).  I put it down
and did not plan to finish it until much later.  But now I am going to push ahead until
it is done.  People need to read about my entire life to get a real picture of who I am.
I hope to finish it by the end of the year.  So it may come out next year sometime.  I
am also going to get up and play just as soon as I can.

Finally, I'm going out onto the street to meet people, to smile and shake hands with
everyone who has been supportive of me in my hometown.  But also to give those
people who are "undecided" a chance to look me in the eye and make their own
decision.

Going on TV won't help me.  I'm too wounded, too crazy, too happy and grateful,
too resentful and too busy.

Who fans?  I hope that life will go on as usual. Roger has been a rock.

=====

- SCHRADE in Akron