Re: Sticking to the facts...

In regard to a supposed distinction between visiting
illegal child abuse sites and viewing the "outside"
previews, etc. versus viewing the contents.  Keets
wrote: >>... I do think there's a difference in
intent. If Pete felt it made a difference, then it did
to him, and you have to give the idea some
consideration in any discussion of what he did.<<

Problem is, keets, that Pete didn't make this
distinction until *after* he got caught.  If you read
ADB and the October 2002 diaries, Pete argues that
visiting the sites in any capacity, as viewer or
subscriber or even as "a vigilante" means that you are
validating their efforts. This encourages them and
drives the demand for new models/victims.  He didn't
start drawing the distinctions you're relying on until
January 11th.

If one is willing to give Pete's "distinction" the
benefit of consideration in regard to this one must
also give the opposite viewpoint (that there is really
no distinction) held by authorities, sex abuse
victims, the Phoenix House, and ADB, equal consideration.

=====
"I've always been into pornography and I have used it all my life."
PETE TOWNSHEND.
.
.
.