Re: Frankenstein myth

> > > I read a story once where they were playing in Houston. JAE got pissed
> > > because Roger kept telling him to turn down so he smashed the bass
> >
> >This never happened.
>
> Isn't in one of John's interviews?

Yes, it's in a 1989 issue of Musician magazine.  Don't believe everything
you read.  At the end of the 2nd encore
(My Gen. Blues) John keeps playing in one of those "It
hasn't quite ended yet" (Shepperton reference) moments.
The rest of the band look on giving encouragement before
he takes his bass off and lays it against his amps.  They
all wave to the crowd before walking off stage together.

You must remember he had just bought 3 custom Alembic basses for the tour a
couple of days earlier.  I really doubt
he would smash any of them, after he made a special trip to
Frisco to get them.  As a matter of fact there is a very good chance that
the bass he played in Houston was Lot 226
in the recent auction.

Bruce