Re: Some more research

In a message dated 5/16/2003 11:52:18 AM Eastern Standard Time,
sschrade@ascpl.lib.oh.us writes:

> >But Jon, how does that research make him a "kind person"?
> >Rhetorical question, so don't answer.
>

> I'll answer.  Because if you unequivocally support Pete, that makes you
> "kind" in Jon's eyes.
>
> However, if you have the audacity to ask questions &or criticize Pete
> in any way, you're being "unkind."
>
> Don't ask questions, Cousin Kevin.  Questions are dangerous.  Just have
> faith instead.  It's so much easier.  No messy reality to deal with.

Oooh. Hmmm. Since I was told *not* to answer a question directed at me, what
am I supposed to do to defend myself for complimenting a fellow lister for
being kind in his posts?  Kind is better than not kind.   Pete's situation
had nothing to do with my remark to Jim. I just noticed his civil tone. Then
I saw him get his ass chewed for it.

Here are some questions:
 Jim M. was being nice.  Is it OK if I tell him that I appreciate that in
this trying time? Do I have your permission?

Many that do not know Pete really think he is a freak. He is not. Do you mind
if I balance it to the center and support what it is that he *really* has
done on the positive side?  My view here is the same view I have when not
here.

If the evidence turned out to show that Pete was lying about how much he was
involved, I would be very upset. Do you mind that since he is shown to be
telling the truth even about his mistake, I am *not* upset with him?  Can I
still support him now that he is shown to be what I felt he was from the
beginning?  Is that naive of me?  Is that naive of Lela?

To complain is the easiest thing in the world to do.  To be cynical, negative
and sarcastic is a breeze.  It just comes naturally.

 Sum him up without suffering all the hype he's known. Give blood and there
are some who'll say it's not enough.  How much blood have YOU given?  Fuckin'
spectators.

Phoenix house is an organization.

Victims are People.

My wife supports Pete 1000%.  She knows what the fuck he is fighting.  Her
and I both know more than a couple things about *reality* and we ain't
complaining.

Jon in Mi.