Sticking to the facts....

>From: "L. Bird"
>Subject: Re: Sticking to the facts....
>
>"Wrong" has to do with moral wrong, or sin.

Too bad he wiped that away with statements of not knowing it was illegal, or
"technical offense".

>Is admitting he sinned enough? Or do you feel he should add, "and I
apologize"? Or maybe some tears and, "Please forgive me?"

It sure would help more than what he wrote in his first statement after
being cautioned.
Or do you have another reason for why his diary entry was quickly retracted?

Look, I'm not hard core on the idea that Pete needs to stand in church and
issue an official apology for his transgressions or sins.
My point on this aspect of the whole issue is that Pete could have handled
his very first statements after being cautioned in a much better and more
conciliatory way.  Instead, he has only inflamed the situation, and many
people.
At this point, after that, an apology would clarify where he is at, and
begin the healing process with those that he has hurt.

But, if you feel he should dig in his heals and come out punching, and view
the victims he had been championing as selfish people only trying to attract
attention to themselves, and blow them out of the water, then I feel very
confident that my path is the more civil, moral, and will ultimately go
*much* further at resolving this whole thing than yours.
Are you trying to help Pete, or save face?????????

>Again, this is something that Pete will have to decide himself, but I don't
see that apologizing does any good (note Clinton example). Likely it will
only encourage >the Phoenix victims to file suit for damages.

Interesting how you put that all together.

Kevin in VT