Who are They kicks ass in New Orleans

Well, even though the set was only 45 minutes, we jammed in 11 rockin songs and went straight through with no talking between.  A few sloppy spots, but it's rock and roll, after all, and fire and passion are more important than musical perfection.  We were opening for a band called The Joneses, who play originals.  Crowd was mixed between 18 year olds and 60 year olds.  A man and woman in their late fifties started dancing all over the place right in front of the stage for our first four songs and people started gettin into it.  We also had a pretty solid contingent there just to see us, and it was our first paying gig in New Orleans.  Here's the setlist:

My Generation (played it pretty tight, sang Join Together lyrics during the end jam.  Rhythm guitar amp was too loud and had to be adjusted during the song)

Magic Bus (always a crowd pleaser.  Had an awkward "kick in" after "I said you can't have it!")

Baba O'Riley (kicked ass.  Best we've ever played it.  Even got the timing right at the end with the lead guitar playing the violin part)

Who Are You (decent version of this, but drummer and lead guitar tried to end the song before the final verse and we had to rescue it in mid stream, but handled it)

Rock and Roll (played it tight.  vocals were there.  fun song)

Pinball Wizard (we're solid on this one almost every time and people respond to it)

I'm Free (raucous and wild.  got great comments from people on it.  Our guitarists mother told me I sing it with great feeling)

The Real Me (was going fine, but I almost tripped over the lead guitarists processer and stumbled and knocked his guitar cord out of it and the song was over before he figured out why he had no volume.  It was ok since we have 2 guitars)

Dirty Deeds (initially I sang it too Daltrey-esque and it didn't come off quite right, so now I screech it more like Brian Johnson.  Great song... my fav by ACDC)

Enter Sandman (guitarist sings lead and I play an extra floor tom.  Crowd pleaser song and pretty easy to play.  It's blatant pandering, I know, and we should be playing Relay or Success Story there, but first impressions are important so we had to play to the crowd)

Won't Get Fooled Again (went well.  If my big scream had been 2 seconds longer I would have completely fainted.  As it was I just sort of crumbled to the floor in sort of a head-throbbing, disoriented state before getting back up to sing "meet the new boss."  Rhythm guitarist broke a string near the end, so he played the rest with his back-up and then banged it on the stage and threw it down)

Lots of great comments from people afterwards, and those who had seen us before raved about how much we've improved.  Things might just start to take off for us this summer, who knows.  Thanks to those here who continue to show an interest in how we're doing.

Mc