Re: Nuff said on Pete: who was harmed?

I beg to differ. Many moons ago I was a drug dealer. What did I use my money for? Rent, food, parties, women, fun, concerts. Nothing "nasty." I knew many other drug dealers. They used their money for the same things. This is not to say each and every drug dealer isn't doing something bad, there are probably some out there somewhere (depends if you count protecting themselves from the police as "evil"), but as far as any evidence the VAST majority of drug sellers are just people like you and me...doing their job to make money to live in a less-than-friendly economy.
I think supply and territory are the two areas where the really cutthroat violence occurs. As Jon says, there is very bad fallout on the user side, as well. This is another ugly and difficult subject, but WAY off topic, so I'm going to try to stay out of it.

keets