[no subject]

The musician appeared at Kingston police station in
London on Wednesday where he was fingerprinted,
photographed and a DNA sample was taken.

He will also be placed on the Sex Offenders Register
for five years.

The caution was the culmination of a four-month
investigation during which Mr Townshend was cleared of
being in possession of indecent pictures downloaded
from the internet.

Scotland Yard said he had "fully co-operated" with the
investigation.

Operation Ore

Mr Townshend was released on bail in January after
admitting he had given his credit card details to see
a child porn website, but insisted he had done so for
research and was not a paedophile.

Townshend: Speaking for a generation?

The star said he had viewed the website for a book he
was writing.

In a statement, Scotland Yard said: "It is not a
defence to access these images for research or out of
curiosity."

Mr Townshend also released a statement, saying he
accepted the caution.

"I accept that I was wrong to access this site, and
that by doing so, I broke the law.

Mr Townshend was one of 1,600 people arrested in the
UK from details given to an American child porn
website.

His arrest was part of the Operation Ore investigation
into accessing child porn on the internet.

In a statement issued when his name was first linked
to Operation Ore, Mr Townshend said: "I am not a
paedophile. I think paedophilia is appalling.

"To fight against paedophilia, you have to know what's
out there."

He emphasised his anger against the "mentally ill
people" who found child abuse attractive.

Police searched the 57-year-old's home in Richmond,
south-west London, in January and removed computers.

At the time of his arrest, the star was backed by
friends from the showbusiness world.

The Who's frontman Roger Daltrey said he thought there
had been a "witch-hunt" and added: "I think he is
telling the truth."

Model and actress Jerry Hall and DJ Paul Gambaccini
also rallied around to defend the musician.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/uk_news/3007871.stm

=====
I SUPPORT PETE TOWNSHEND.