average age

Ahh, today, I am finally released from the grip of that migraine.  What a
horrible adventure in pain.  Of course, in a few weeks I get to have my 2nd
foot surgery.  Ouch, that makes my head pound just thinking of it!!

Ok, what I REALLY want to share is my thoughts about the average age of the
Who fans here and a statement that Keets made about it.

Keets said, and I believe her, that the Who peaked in the early 80's.  That
explains why the average who fan age would be around mid-thirties.

I have always thought that the Who's peak was in the 70's.

The reason's for this are:

 - Keith was alive in the 70's, until 1978 that is.
 - Tommy was released in
 - Quadrophenia was released in
 - Who's Next was released in

Ok........can someone fill in the blanks for me?

But the point is all their best, in most peoples opinions, was released in
the 70's.  So, why did they peak in the 80's?? Or did they??

I know the reason why I didn't go and see the Who before 1980, is because I
wasn't old enough.  So, again, why is the average age 30-40?  I would think
it would be more like 45-55.

Please, I need to know this so my head won't start pounding again!

Love,
Jo