tales from the who

Jim, re:A couple of easy questions for you bootleg fans.

1. Is King Biscuit likely to release the Tales From The Who show as an
album?
Not likely, there have been a few different versions out there over the years but The Who have always seen this show as below standard (and great though it is, it is not as great as other shows of the period)

2. If so, is it likely to sound better or have extra tracks compared to the bootlegs out there?
well it's a moot point but the better bootleg versions are of the FM broadcast so they sound pretty good.

3.I've only ever bought one bootleg Who album. It was a double LP and the sound was so dreadful I think I only listened to it once. I think the title was from a Tommy lyric and I bought it at a flea market. I take it some of these things don't sound too bad?
Indeed they can be a crap shoot. There are only a handful of really good quality shows/studio bootlegs out there, many of which have been released officially in whole or in part (LAL deluxe, WN deluxe, etc.)however, for instance LAL deluxe is heavily edited. I still prefer the bootleg version.

4.When I first joined the list, someone pointed me to Baba O'Riley's bootleg page. It looks like a treasure trove, but how do you, you know, actually buy these things?
first off, I personally try not to pay money for bootlegs. I just dont' think its right. there are lists online where you can do trades and if you dont' have anything to trade you can get freebies to start. And Babas boot page is a great source to find which are good and which are not so good.

peace
a who completeist,
Andy C

ps- apologies to Kevin and Rich for the confusion.

"I don't talk to musicians...
they might influence me."
- Pete Townshend
Mansfield, Mass 7/26/2002