Football Pain and Pete's blazing guitar work

	>From: Keithjmoon70
	>Subject: Re: Football Pain and Pete's blazing guitar work

>> Don't forget what Eddie VanHeineken (recent quote on Howard Stern by David
>> Lee tight pants) once wrote to Pete...
>
>Yeah.  I remember reading that shit back around '84. You don't think that
>there may have been a little jealousy there do you? what, with that great *VH
>Live* album everyone always talks about and uses as *their* benchmark.

Oh, I think there may have been a *bit* of that.
But, as someone (sorry, forgot who!) posted, Eddie VH is a great admirer of Pete and particularly LAL.  I dare say LAL was a main influence on Eddie.
But, Eddie has lightning quick fingers (fret hand!).  By his own admission, this is a weak point for Pete....RELATIVELY SPEAKING!  :-)

>I would break something with you, Kev!!

Remind me never to have you over.  Ha!  ;-)

>I can take VH for one or two spins and that's it. However, I've had this WN
>cd in my deck since it came out and I am just now scratching the surface of
>it's enjoyment.

No question.  I've never owned a VH album.  Really only listened to them in '84 with my buddy who was really into them.  He ended up following the whole hair-band thang.
We grew apart.  Wonder what happened to good 'ol Tom?

>I scoff and even laugh at Eddy Van Halen's little statement that exposes what
>a small man he must be inside.

Ahh, I wouldn't take it that badly.  He has great admiration for Pete.  Otherwise, he wouldn't even bother trying to compare himself, etc.

Kevin in VT