First Who Song Love-

In a message dated 3/28/2003 7:52:02 AM Pacific Standard Time,
sschrade@ascpl.lib.oh.us writes:

> Anyone else have any fond memories of the first Who song that made you
> want more?  And more?  And more?  And more?......

My very first taste of my first love of their music, came on an 8 track tape,
hand made by my big brother, Joe.  I was around 9 or 10 yrs old so this would
be around the bi-centenial,1975-76.  The songs were:  I Can See for Miles, My
Generation, Magic Bus, Sparks, which are classics of course.  But, I also
became attached to Boris the Spider and Heaven and Hell (so dark, but I'd
sing along with all the passion of a well, 9 or 10 year old girl, and still
do, will I ever grow up?).  That pounding bass pulled me in and still does.
I know you guys know what I am talking about.  My heart broke on June 27th,
2002.  Rest in Peace, John.

That was my very, very first taste of the Who.  I'd listen to it over and
over in my brother's room.  What I would do for my brother's old red 8 track
tape with a taped on black and while picture of Pete and Keith!!!  To go back
to that time, if I could hold it in my hand...........I didn't know then that
a life long addiction to everything Pete, Roger, Keith and John was brewing.
I can't give it up.  I am so comforted that I won't ever have to.

Jo

PS...I am thoroughly enjoying the great reading, and laughs on the list right
now.