Re: Bush/WGFA

Mark writes:

> Here we go again. No, it's not. Without going through the entire proceedure, Pete found out via the press, the whole story. Now I know you think George Duh-Bya is a hottie, but hopefully this time you won't let your hormones force you to tell me once again that I'm wrong when I'm not. Keets gave you the details, so I won't. I'll just add that once again we have a case of someone using a song without really understanding
> what it's about. WGFA is a warning against people like Bush.

Well, that is your interpretation.  The great thing about art is that the individual can make his/her own interpretation.  Awfully arrogant of you to imply that yours is the correct one.  I believe Pete's message in WGFA was much broader.  It spoke about the system as a whole, with politicians from all sides using false rhetoric about "revolutions" when very little ever really changes.  I think most politicians, liberal AND conservative, are chastised by Pete, along with the system as a whole.

As for Pete calling Bush names, because he used the song outside of its original message, I don't think "Bargain" was meant to imply products we might buy, like Pontiacs, for example... or Who Are You about police crime scene units.  WGFA wasn't used as Bush's anthem throughout the campaign, a la "America" by Neil Diamond for Dukakis, or "Don't Stop Thinkin About Tomorrow" by Clinton.  It was used at one victory party, basically as a little humorous background.  Certainly not something warranting classless profanity.

Mc

PS- Notice, no inane name calling or thinly-veiled insults in my response.  Yours above is there for everyone to see, AGAIN.