Re: ICSFM -getting back to you, Jim.

In a message dated 3/26/2003 3:00:36 PM Eastern Standard Time,
petenotped@hotmail.com writes:

> I will definitely be searching out a version from '79, '82 or that Mansfield
> show and hearing for myself.  I won't buy the assertion that it doesn't
> make
> a good live song until I do.

Sorry it took so long,
I am listening to the Mansfield I version of it as I type. They sort of creep
into it. The bass is twanging and drums are a bit hard to hear.  The
harmonies are suffering because the high notes seem hard for Simon to hit.
The undercurrent that makes this song so cool isn't making it to the stage.
There aren't the big crashes that should be there. It just sounds as if they
are "trying" Middle of song is better. "The Eiffel tower..." chord change
sounds good, but it should sound "great".  I don't know why they can't hit it
harder. It must need 7 guitars or something.

All in all, I believe Scott described it best.  It doesn't translate well
onto the stage; not with the basic band.  Neither does The Song is Over,
that's why they never played it.  What *did* translate well was Pure and Easy
on my new WNDE. Far, FAR better than in 2000. Keith knew all of the beats on
that disc 2 and reproduced (preproduced?) himself on stage with authority.
Something he couldn't do near the end. :(

Jon in Mi.