ICSFM live

> However, maybe Pete was so disgusted that it didn't go to No.1, that he
> refused to play it live.  He's made no secret about the fact that he was
> extremely disappointed that the song didn't do better in the charts.
> Whether that warrants not playing the song live I don't
> know.  Maybe to
> Pete it did.

This doesn't seem to be the case, since Quad was maybe Pete's greatest masterpiece, yet it wasn't nearly as popular as WN or Tommy.  I think even Pete would say that Quad was superior to those albums, yet got far less notoriety and radio play.  I hasn't stopped him from playing songs from it on this tour, and doing the 96 quad tour.  The lack of ICSFM live, IMO, is not due to Pete's disappointment in its performance in the charts.  If anything, I think that would make Pete more likely to want to perform it live, to kick ass with it as if to say, "THIS is the song the charts treated like a step child?  How do you like them apples!"

Mc