Re: ICSFM

> and WRA was from the `92 final tour.

I missed that tour!  Obviously, you mean '82 tour.

> One would think it was their latest single and they would have played
> it, if they were playing it at all.

They probably tried it a few times in practice but soon found out that
they couldn't really pull it off live.  Like I said, it's a difficult
song.

However, maybe Pete was so disgusted that it didn't go to No.1, that he
refused to play it live.  He's made no secret about the fact that he was
extremely disappointed that the song didn't do better in the charts.
Whether that warrants not playing the song live I don't know.  Maybe to
Pete it did.

All this got me to thinking about ICSFM & Pete's anger about its limited
chart success.  ICSFM is a depressing song!  Basically it's about a guy
who tells his girl that no matter how far away she is from him he knows
she's cheating & being deceitful.

And there's really no resolution in the song.  We don't know how it all
turns out.  All we know is that the cheating girl is going to have to
"stand trial."  Pretty nasty stuff.

And the music itself is rather harsh, too.  Dark, brooding chords.  A
slicing one-note solo.  Daltrey's creepy, almost too calm vocal approach.
A subdued anger which is more frightening than any screaming or yelling.

When you think about it, it's a pretty depressing, angry, pessimistic,
hopeless song!

I'm not saying that depressing songs never make it to the top of the
charts, but perhaps this song's negative nature is part of the reason it
didn't do as well as Pete thought it would.

- SCHRADE in Akron