So sad about us

I hope you don't mind me using the list in this way, but what the hell, I'm
going to do it anyway. And it feels kind of cathartic spilling my guts to a
bunch of people who I will probably never meet. I split up with my girlfriend
last night. I don't know why. It sucks. Don't want to harp on but for the two
years we have been together she has been my life and now she suddenly isn't. I
guess two years isn't that much really, but for me it feels like it is and a
huge part of my life has gone.

So anyway, I can't stop listening to So Sad About Us, particularly the version
on the Scooped album (which is cool). It's weird, but incredibly comforting
knowing that no matter what, Pete has written a song that fits my mood
perfectly and that those songs will always be there and no-one can take that
away. That's cool. And I want to thank the Who and Pete in particular for
that.

And she never really got the Who, so maybe it wasn't supposed to be anyway?

Tom