Re: Milos Forman's film version of HAIR

Why "anyone who loves Kids should love Hair? "
This wasn't my comment, only something that I quoted. However, I think perhaps this is because the movies are from the same time period.

What`s wrong with the hippies? for me as a foreigner they`ve always been an interesting part of American culture. I used to dress like a hippy when I was at the University, ... but it`s not about that. So, "Hair" is a brilliant rock opera with a wonderful somewhat metaphoric message of freedom and peace - who`s against peace here? noone I think. I do hope none of you will be fined or put into prison or killed for watching a film that has no Who relevance. Comparing rock operas I mean films based on them is kinda interesting. The first film of that kind I ever saw was Jesus Christ Superstar, than Hair by which I was greatly impressed and it`s no way boring I say again and then Tommy that I love a lot. You can compare. The major difference between Tommy and Hair is that in Tommy, they only sing, and Hair is like a normal film and they start singing when you least expect it. Hair is very American, Tommy is very British. Tommy has all the Who :-) And you
know how Hair is relevant to the Who? Before the Who was called the Who, Pete wanted the band to be called Hair! :-)))
The name was symbolic at the time, but it would be very dated now, so I'm glad they went with The Who. Like Jon, I watched these rock opera develop with considerable interest. Although it was clear that TOMMY was the inspiration, you're correct that they developed with a distinctly American flavor--for one thing, it was different that they developed on Broadway rather that from rock bands.

keets