Re: I Can See For Miles

> Now I'm confused.  Are you talking about the video "The Who Rocks America"?
> If it's on that video, that would be cool.  But, that's not even from the
> same tour as Join Together, so it has to be a different version, right?

Mark goofed.  "I Can See For Miles" is *not* on the 1982 Who Rocks America
video.  He knows that.

> So, is there really a video of ICSFM from the 1982 tour?

No.

>  I'm amazed this song has been played maybe only 20 times other than the
> 1989 tour.

I'm not really surprised.  Some songs don't translate well live - and that's one
of them.  It's difficult to pull off.  It doesn't have a constant tempo to cling to.
It just sort of ebbs & flows.  Rises & falls.  Swells & retreats.  It's a very
"liquidy" song.

If they had wanted to make it a live staple they would've had to restructure
it, a' la "Magic Bus," in which case it would've lost much of its resemblance
to the studio version......a' la "Magic Bus."

- SCHRADE in Akron