Re: Who references on Strummer's last album...

In the title track, which names quite a few different artists in different parts of the world, there is this line - "Quadrophenia in Armenia/Armenia city in the sky." Best part of the second line is that Joe almost sound like Daltrey.
That is Daltrey.  :)

The last song is called "Minstrel Boy" (apparently a traditional song), and it's a long, mostly instrumental song. Joe pops up here & there with some spoken lines & towards the end he says, "This song is about Pete Townshend."

I thought these were kind of interesting & i wonder if there was any formal connection between Strummer & Townshend.
I don't know about that, but Roger is singing on the "Global-a-Go-Go" track.

keets