Re: Kiddie Leaders :-)

In a message dated 3/11/03 9:25:50 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Kevin.ONeal@vtmednet.org writes:

> Sorry Jon.

No need to be, Kevin.  I feel peaceful with your opinion.

Bush is the *wrong* "Leader", not matter *what* time.
*No* one responds favorably to bullying, arrogance, and condescension

Those are some big letters.

Criticism comes with the job of being  President of the worlds most powerful
nation, especially during a time of war.  What impresses me about Bush is the
administration he chose and his unwavering qualities under this criticism.
With Bush we get Powell.

Iraq is clearly dangerous to us no matter what political spin one may put on
it and Bush wants to eliminate this danger while we are still able to.
Inaction is not leadership. Clinton did not eliminate this threat when they
kicked the UN inspectors out.  What are we waiting for, the permission to
defend ourselves?  We are not getting into other people's business, we were
attacked directly this time.

I remember working for this Italian guy years ago. He grew up in Italy and
was in WWII against us. Then he emigrated here in the 50's to gain a good
life, which he did. He was frustrated by how the US has helped so many
nations all over the earth with our wealth after the two wars and have given
our blood for others to maintain decency and freedom as a whole on the earth.
 We did it. Because we could.  Is this country perfect? Absolutely not. But
who can match our record of generosity and lack of will to gain by outright
conquer during this last century?  We could have done that you know. The
world record of the United States speaks for itself.  Billions and Billions
of our dollars worth.

This man then responding to the many countries making fun of us and taking
our people hostage and bombing our embassies and burning our flags and
turning their backs on us said "In the middle east they are like children
throwing rocks at a chained up dog.  Someday that chain is gonna break."

I saw the people falling to the ground out of the WTC.  I heard no sympathy
from Saddam Hussien.  No cooperation.  I am glad Bush is not so wishy washy
as to bow to the critics to gain in public opinion polls for reelection. I am
glad that he has a backbone.

Jon in Mi.