"Violence/It's the only thing that will make you see sense... "

	>From: Ken in MD
	>Subject: Re: "Violence/It's the only thing that will make you see sense... "

>>Also, since he was doing research for a book that
deals with child porn and his own possible abuse, it
would seem that he fits the "for legitimate purposes"
clause.<<

>There is no such clause in UK or US law.  A respected
>journalist in the Washington DC tried this defense a
>couple years back and he got 18 months in prison and a
>lifetime place on the sex offenders lists.

I'm quoting Time Magazine about that.
They specifically state that there is indeed a difference in the laws between the UK and the US.
UK has a "legitimate reason" loop........per TIME Mag.

So....GET OFF MY BACK!   :-)

>Pete admitted to using his credit card to enter a
>site; that to me says he paid for access.

Request to strike that from the record, your honor.
The defendant is simply stating his opinion.

>Simply
>viewing the images, without downloading, is enough in
>the eyes of the law.

The public opinion law, or the law that actually can send people to jail?
;-)

I'm thinking the former.

Kevin in VT