Re: "Violence/It's the only thing that will make you see sense..."

>this statement is headed, probably towards the White House.

Dennis:

You get a cigar. The situation is much like a schoolyard with a bully threatening the unpopular kid. Sure, Unpopular looks strange and has bad breath and makes one uncomfortable...but he's done nothing to the bully. Nothing whatsoever.

>dead Jews (or was it 6 or 8?) are better off that they didn't put up a fight, After all Hitler was a swell guy.

It was 6 million, and I'm sure Asimov (a Jewish man) was somewhat aware of WW II, having served in the US military at the time. Nothing personal, but I'm sick of people comparing Saddam to Hitler. He's not even close. He's one of many world leaders who are killing other groups of people (that would include our own). He's not invading all the countries around him in an attempt to take over (in fact, he has ONLY attacked Kuwait, and that to regain territory taken from Iraq earlier, and the US...that would be Daddy Bush...gave him the go-ahead). The bordering countries aren't even that concerned about him, it seems.

Hitler was a real danger to the world. Saddam is a small-minded petty man who is contained within a small portion of his country, effectively helpless. There is no comparison. A better one might be Castro at present. A real danger, that one. Oooh, let me hide under the bed.

>arguements are not what is important. Why should they bother you as long as
you know what`s true? Why argue with people who don`t even listen?

Helen:

That's also the way I see it. First of all, they aren't there to be convinced...just to gossip or to instigate an argument with you. Second, give them no credibility and they will have none. How can anyone be insulted by something they know is not true? Pete is innocent...I was convinced of that very early on. From that point, I found myself uninterested in the story.

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."
                                 Isaac Asimov

                 Cheers             ML