scary stuff

pkeets said "I think most fans are in denial."

I think this is untrue.  *This* forum is the only one that I've seen that
still has a persistent discussion of Pete's blame and dominant members who
continue to second guess Pete's moves (or lack thereof) on the pedo
situation.

pkeets said "Plus, there's some scary stuff out there on the Internet. We
don't know what all Pete is dealing with, so we should accept that his diary
entries may have some purpose."

Hmmm.  "out there" is an interesting way to put it.  Nice and gentle.  Well
done, keets ;-)

I think there's some scary stuff in *here*.  The anger that Schrade and
O'Neal express toward Pete is persistent, deep and quite personal.  O'Neal's
visit to Phoenix HOUSE was particularly strange.  That was some pretty scary
stuff, I think.

What if one of Pete's handlers (or security people) read this stuff?  Do you
think they would be disturbed by it?  Do you think they would caution him
against getting out and performing or greeting fans who might be "seeking"
answers from Pete directly?  I would expect they would advise him to put a
great deal of distance between himself and his devotees.

Granted, some us here know you're great guys with a long list of virtues,
but if you step back from these expressions of hostility just a half step
you might see how scary they could appear to others.

Or if that doesn't help you see things differently, how about this:  Do you
sense the hostility in my words?  How does it make you feel to have that
pointed at you?  Do you want to lash out at me?  How do you think it would
make Pete feel to read the hostility in this forum pointed at him?  He's
been guarded by professional security day and night since this pedo thing
hit the papers.  Does it help anyone, anywhere to pubically express anger
toward him day after day?  I think not.

Has anyone reading this ever typed and sent something they regretted later?
That's essentially what Pete did.  He made a mistake that we've all made.  I
may be making such a mistake right now.  I KNOW Schrade and O'Neal have both
sent stuff to this forum that they apologized for later.  Give Pete a break.
Doesn't he deserve it?  He's just a guy.  He's not your Daddy, or you big
brother, or an object that you should hold up to close examination.  He's a
guy who fucked up.  A guy who is really a stranger to you.

BTW, I love Pete Townshend and I can't wait for the next time I get to be in
his audience.  If Pete wants to hang out with my daughter, he's more than
welcome to.  I've no issues with Pete T.  She might stare at his nose and
embarrass me, but that's OK.

Some time in the next few months, Pete and Roger will work together again.
I anticipate that I will be spewing all over this forum and every other one
I can find with excitement.  I hope Schrade and O'Neal will have buried
their hostility toward Pete by then.  Who knows, mabye I'll even be able to
bury my hostility toward them. ;-)  It's something to shoot for.

Jeff

PS.  This note should not be construed by anyone as me agreeing with Leaman.
I don't.