Re: Why Water??

How could liquid water exist out near Jupiter, so far away
from heat-giving sunlight?  Because tidal forces caused by
massive Jupiter & its many moons make Europa & Callisto
stretch & release - the same effect our own Moon (with some
help from the Sun) has on Earth's oceans, causing them to
swell & release - what we call our oceanic tides.

This stretching & releasing of Europa & Callisto causes
their interiors to heat up - like when you bend a wire back
& forth.

It's this internal heat, caused by tidal forces, that creates
enough energy for liquid water to exist way out in the solar
system, far from the energy-giving Sun.

Plus, Jupiter radiates heat. It's not quite large and dense enough to ignite into a sun, but it's tending in that direction.

keets