Re: Karma and sin

No one is saying he's an asshole for making a mistake.
Pete made a mistake. We *all* make mistakes.
But for him to come out and continually blame others for what has happened to him just seems to be a case of denial. And, in my book is another mistake.

If Pete *really* wanted to do the best thing to get past this, he would post a diary entry where he talks about how he erred in judgement by accessing the site and paying for said access. How *no one* should do this.

Doesn't this cover it?

"From the very beginning, I acknowledged that I did access this site and that I had given the police full access to all of my computers". He added "As I made clear at the outset, I accessed the site because of my concerns at the shocking material readily available on the Internet to children as well as adults, and as part of my research toward the campaign I had been putting together since 1995 to counter damage done by all kinds of pornography on the internet, but especially any involving child abuse".

The Police work closely with the Internet industry through the Internet Watch Foundation to monitor paedophile activity and any member of the public accidentally discovering such images should notify the IWF through their website.

Ironically Pete later contacted the Internet Watch Foundation on the subject of the offensive site. He pointed out that "The police have unconditionally accepted that these were my motives in looking at this site and that there was no other nefarious purpose, and as a result they have decided not to charge me. I accept that I was wrong to access this site, and that by doing so, I broke the law, and I have accepted the caution that the police have given me."

How thankful he is that the Phoenix Survivors understand his dilemma and are petitioning the UK Government to have him removed. How he wants to work hand-in-hand with these people to get their message out there.

We don't know the facts on this. There might be something in his agreement for the caution that prevents his working with anti-child porn organizations--it would seem like taking chances legally. Also, he can't be sure these organizations want to work with him. We'll have to see if any of them issue invitations.

keets