Re: agree and disagree - fun bits

At 10:00 AM 6/24/03 -0400, you wrote:
> Lots of teenage males have that dream too - for fun (and profit). When
> did he first start touring?

Gosh, around 1963, I guess. With the Detours.

> Could it have been addictive?

I'm sure it was.

An addiction I wouldn't mind having...:)

> But maybe he was tired of the young man life style (or maybe not...),
> or maybe he wasn't a young man any more... He could have been running
> from, lets see, maturity, age, responsibility,...mid-life crisis?,
> obscurity...

Perhaps.  I just feel that there doesn't *always* have to be some deep-
rooted psychological reason for everyone's actions in life.

> hell I don't know, maybe he was as happy as a pig in s$%t.

Like I said, he seemed a fairly happy person.  But, being quiet, & most
comfortable in the background, we sadly never got to know a whole lot
about the man.

So true, and sad, as I think he must have been very interesting - and sincere.

The reason I reacted the way I did was because of your "Yeah, but he wasn't
fishing with his wife & child" comment.  It sounded to me like you were
insinuating that *you* knew better how he should have lived his life.  I'm
sorry if I misunderstood you.

I try to judge no one (sorry for the below then...) no problems here.

> In my society, we are all allowed differing opinions without being la-
> belled as "incorrect".

> you must be a good mind reader - and oh so smart - to diagnose me as
> depressed from these words

I was only kidding, Steve.  Hence the exclamation points.  I know less
about you than I do about Entwistle!

sorry - I missed the ex. points.

> (sorry, a personal attack here - sarcasm etc. I apologize)

I wasn't offended. Or upset.

> Mid 50's, heart problems, I feel safe in saying that he knew he wasn't
> facing another 30 years of career growth though.

True.  But was he obsessing on his eventual demise, & covering that fact
up by his semi-extravagant lifestyle?  Or was his attitude, "Oh well.
When I die, I die.  Why worry about it?"  I vote for the latter.

That is my approach - hey I could be hit by a bus tomorrow anyway - two votes to the latter.

> only your opinion counts?

Of course not!  But I won't know yours unless we hash it out & get to the
nitty-gritty of the discussion.  I *want* to know what you think.  And
*why* you think it.

Again, I do value your opinions.  They're just as valid as mine.  But I
won't be told to "accept" them just for the sake of politeness.  Your
original post took exception to one of *my* stated opinions!  I responded,
defended my position, & now *you* cry foul & say I should be more accepting
of *your* views?  You surely don't mean that *my* opinions can be attacked
& called into question, but I should just roll over & "accept" everyone
else's, do you?

no - probably something common to folks who listen to the Who (that message in the music stuff...)

> Try to rephrase your opinions without attacking others - it'd make for
> a much more interesting debate.

That, I need to work on, you're right.  But please don't discourage my
right to defend my opinions.

I would not do that - at least on purpose - after all - I would fight for your right to your opinions.

And thanks for at least expressing your opinion, Steve.  We need more of
that around here.  Again, your views are always welcomed.  Sorry, if I
pissed you off.

no problem here - lets keep discussing everyone.

Steve

- SCHRADE in Akron