Re: New Pete Diary

> No comments on Pete's diary entry??

I started to.  I had the entire thing cut & pasted, ready to pick it
apart.  But then I decided against it.  My tone was going to be some-
what negative & I thought it might be better to keep my big mouth shut
for once.

Yes, my decision is what it seems: self-censorship so as not to come
across as constantly offending the true believers on the list.  Pretty
pathetic, huh?

Buuuuut.....since Kevin broke the ice, here's my "un-self-censored re-
sponse."

> I know a lot of people must be wondering why I have not made any kind
> of statement since the resolution of my case with the police.

No, not at all, Pete.  What case?

And Kevin's right.  What about that "Free But Branded" post?  Did we all
just dream that?

> I feel very good, supported by so much love from all around me.

I'm honestly glad he's getting lots of love & support.  Must be the only
thing keeping him sane.

> I am free to get out and about in my home town and most people greet
> me warmly.

This is a telling statement.  *Most* people greet him warmly.  In other
words, some people are yelling shit at him.

> In any case, in the background I have a very cool and experienced
> bodyguard.

Nice, not-so-subtle hint to the people who are yelling shit at him.
"Don't try anything.  I have a bodyguard with me at all times....*in
the background.*"  How fucking scared & paranoid is Pete?

> I know now I can continue to work in my studio on music, and I am
> writing all the time.

i.e.: "It's safe to work in my house."  Will Pete be a hermit for the
rest of his life?  How is he ever going to perform live again?

> I can also quietly continue to do my work funding treatment for the
> surviving victims of childhood sexual abuse and other worthy causes.

I think we're gonna get statements from Pete like this beat into our
heads every time he speaks.  "Don't forget: even though I got busted
for accessing an illegal child porn site, I'm still continuing my work
of helping abused children."  Pete's recipe:  take a little bit of
"covering my ass" & mix immediately with a heaping tablespoon of "guilt."

> I have amassed a huge amount of information about the issue of child-
> abuse and the way damage has recently been spreading via the internet.

That's an understatement!

> This research has been gathered over thirty years.

i.e.: "All this didn't begin with my first illegal look a few years ago.
Please believe me."

> Obviously in my case, forewarned and forearmed, I was concerned for a
> number of years in anticipation of awful problems the 'miracle' of the
> internet might pose when it finally reached the billions of homes it
> touches today.

What's he saying here?  Who "forewarned" him about potential future
problems with the internet in regards to sexual abuse of children?
And why does he sarcastically refer to the 'miracle' (his quotes) of the
internet when just a few years ago he was claiming to have invented the
concept in his mind back in the early '70s?  Lifehouse had nothing to
do with the sexual abuse of young children.

> I also still have a buzzing head full of opinions, anger, frustration
> and energy I want to bring to bear on the authorities and treatment
> charities who I once thought needed my ideas.

Wow.  He still can't wrap his mind around the fact that some people are
still angry that he paid to access an illegal child porn site.  Apparently,
he feels he should've been given a free pass to do so.

> Without my help, work is being done today by good people who are fight-
> ing hard to combat both the spread of sewage on the internet and the
> terrible psychological effect that could have on the minds of the child-
> ren of the future.

And I'll bet not *one* of those "good people" in their fight are paying
to access any illegal child porn sites.

> Every time it occurs to me to say something about what is going on I
> remember what happened to me: I was arrested, suspected of wallowing
> in the very shit that most upset me.

"Suspected" of it?  You were *caught* wallowing, Mr. Townshend.  You
*paid* to access child porn on the internet.  Why won't he accept that
fact?  Why does he keep insinuating he was framed & incorrectly singled
out?  Why won't he accept responsibility for his actions?

> It sends a clear and loud message.  What is clear is that I must learn
> to keep silent and focus my energies elsewhere.

Elsewhere.  Like *not* on an illegal child porn internet site?  Good idea.
And still not even a hint of an apology or any remorse for his actions.
He's still the victim as far as he's concerned.  Even though *his* actions
caused all of this.  What a shame.

- SCHRADE in Akron