Re: agree and disagree

In a message dated 6/23/2003 9:28:39 AM Eastern Standard Time,
sschrade@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> >It is always easier to dream of being in someone else's shoes....
>
> True.  About as easy as imposing one's own life-views onto other people.
> And then *judging* those people when their actions &way of life don't
> conform to your own.  Very easy indeed.

Scott,

You're making a lot of assumptions. I don't think that Steve is imposing his
views nor am I. I brought up the negativity purely from the lyrics in his own
songs and from the interviews.  John said the words, not me.  I just made the
observation.  Can you say that his lyrics have a positive tone in general?
There aren't any answers to the complaints.  He just leaves it at that.

By the way, my favorite JAE song is "Had Enough" because it hits the nail on
the head.  Nothing wrong with what he wrote.  It is just sad to me because he
pointed out the problems and it doesn't seem to me that he understood that
these problems have been solved. On the contrary, if I know that these problems
of life have been solved, I won't pretend that I don't know about it to keep
from offending people.  There is more than meets the eye.  Far more.  I'm not
talking about religion, philosophy or culture here, for these things are human
inventions that are some of the greatest frustrations to seeing the Truth.
They are high things but they are *thick* veils.

As for drugs, another assumption of yours is that I think they are *only*
used to hide some kind of inner demon.  I don't believe this either.  Some use
them for this reason, but some do not. Did John?  I don't know. They did have a
part in his death and that pisses me off. It's just senseless the way that
happened. I drink beer and not for any kind of escape. It tastes good, is
relaxing and helps me keep weight on.  I just need to remember not to do it on an
empty stomach when I am too thirsty. ;-)

I've been listening to my best of Pete CD lately. From the words of his
songs, I can hear him touching difficult issues but Pete always holds out hope.
His view is far broader and it touches the hidden things. These are spiritual
things that go past the soul. Logic can only take you so far. His version of AAA
from the '98 MA CD is brilliant. "This is what we used to believe. We thought
that we'd live forever...I can go anywhere, I can do anything, I can live
anyhow."  But he knows now that this is an immature thought.  There are some
things that you should not do.  There is a wall to hit called death.

Just because one doesn't see things, doesn't mean that they're not there,
just like a radio signal to some 19th century folks would be.  They could laugh
and ridicule, but it would only reveal one thing.

Jon in Mi.