Re: Performance and Age

>What about PeD - Pete and Daltrey ;-/

Tom:

YIKES! Please, NO!

> Ahahahaha - sorry for the black humour -

You mean like "What you talking bout Willis?"

>Yeah, and a big part of the "it" is that they don't look stupid doing it, which is where the age thing comes in.

Jon:

Yeah, they certainly don't look stupid when compared to, say, the Stones. Mick has his little "patented" moves, and he does them every time. A parody of himself. And Pete has spoken of not wanting to become that.

> Partly because of Kenny Jones but *mostly* because Pete's songs generally suck on those two albums. Who can blame him?

Scott:

(sigh) This is always how these two are represented, but It's Hard has some great songs, and even FD has a few very good songs. I'd say with a vibrant Keith playing, you'd have liked them. Pete wanted to go in a different, more Pop, direction after Keith died because he wanted to be there and felt tied to the sound of the band. What we might have gotten with Keith still alive can only be conjecture, but if the trend from Quad on is any indication, the album following WAY wouldn't have been very good in any case.

> If those two albums had contained mostly kick-
ass gems from Pete, Kenny wouldn't get half the criticism he

WAY doesn't have any less kick-ass gems, and Keith (who was barely there) doesn't get called on it. I don't see much of a quality difference between the songs on WAY and FD, and I'd say IH comes out ahead in that regard. Love Is Coming Down? What's THAT? Guitar And Pen? Pretentious as all get out.

>And where's Mark and his wealth of Who knowledge?

Kevin:

Letting other people play the game. Tell you what; I'll play when they find WMD in Iraq. How's that?

Cheers             ML
      An American loses his or her job every 30 seconds
          under Bush, 2.8 million jobs lost so far.