Re: Exquisitely Bored: The Who Game

>Many purists feel the band died with Moon. And John's death was the nail in the coffin. I'm sure Mark would agree.

Scott and Jon:

Almost missed this one. Yes, I do agree. It was bad after Moon died, with Jones just not being up to the task. Finally, with Zak, they were able to recapture the feel (and I would have said, and probably DID say, it was impossible) thank the Big G. But...without Entwistle, fully half the sound of the post-Moon band, it's just not happening for me. Pino (like Jones) is a great player in his own element. The Who is not his element. It's not most people's element, so no shame there.

>Jones) But 1996 on shocked me. How could they pull it off so well at that age?

Because it wasn't about age, but instead about performance. 1996-2000 proved The Who (surviving members) still had "it." Townshend STILL has it. Daltrey too, although his voice...well, that's another matter. I can hardly say anything about Plant if I'm not equally hard on Daltrey, right?

So, as I've said since almost the day John died, I have no problem with them going out at the DT's or something of that nature. Call it what you will, just don't call it The Who.

>the thing by AC/DC that has "around the world".

Alan:

That's what you get for listening to AC/DC. See, I avoid those traps...

> That's all that counts.

Scott:

And I hope you'll forgive me NOT playing it, modesty forbids me to say why, but I fully support it and think it's the best topic in "a very long time."

>for any of the 1997 Quad shows and a complete
Shepherd's Bush from December 1999. Keep your fingers
crossed.

Ken:

Good job! I'd love to have the Raleigh NC 1997 show, said by some (including me) to be the best 1997 show. Certainly it was the one with the most encore songs.

Cheers             ML
      An American loses his or her job every 30 seconds
          under Bush, 2.8 million jobs lost so far.