Re: Daltrey rides again Montreal Gazette

In a message dated 6/17/2003 11:20:51 AM Eastern Standard Time,
sschrade@ascpl.lib.oh.us writes:

> Many purists feel the band died with Moon.  And John's death was the
> nail in the coffin.  I'm sure Mark would agree.

Yeah, I certainly respect this view and those that feel this way.  I used to
be one of them in the early eighties. (I still have a hard time with Kenny
Jones) But 1996 on shocked me.  How could they pull it off so well at that age?
And, when I saw Pete come out wailing on electric on the 2000 tour I changed my
mind. He didn't need somebody backstage playing for him at all. I broadened
my view and raised expectations back up.

Not at all like the Temptations "review" I saw on TV the other day.

It *is* quite confusing. I can see Keith putting his face in the camera. But
we can still see Pete giving that scowl.  They had too much personality among
the 4 of them.  It still comes out even with two left but those two have more
than most four. I'd love to hear what they have to say.

Jon in Mi.