Famous Martha and Pete

Today at work while I was considering how I felt about Martha Stewart and her
predicament I had a little idea come to mind.

First off, I know basically nothing of the facts in her case.  All I know is
what I have read in the media all over the place and the stories conflict.
Surprise. Yeah, she was actually charged and it is a totally different crime,
etc., but you get my point with this.

Before the Pete situation I probably would have assumed she was guilty
because she is famous and "where there's smoke there's fire" etc. I wouldn't have
cared that much because I would have liked to see her sheets get messed up
because she is too perfect.  Probably she's guilty, but maybe she's not.  I'm not
in any way qualified to make a judgment at this point.  Pete's case can be
thanked for my objectivity.

My thought was, since she set up a website and has decided to fight this
thing for her public image, it would be cool to send her the Phoenix survivors
reversal of opinion to use as an example of how famous people are often assumed
guilty and pay an unfair price because bad news sells.  She could say: "See,
Pete Townshend is not guilty.  The facts bear it out. This group of actual
victims is now fighting to get him off of the list that he was unfairly placed on
and they themselves admit that they were wrong about him at the outset. Because
he is famous, the whole world heard about what he did wrong. But he didn't do
it. The same thing is happening to me."

Anything to get the right story out. <sigh>

Jon in Mi.