fav zep song and more theft

In my formative years I loved the live version of Dazed and Confused on Song Remains The Same...these days I like the first album and Physical Graffitti.
With all the talk about uncredited song royalties and such, Physical Graffitti is as good example as any of theft on the part of Page and co. 'Boogie With Stu' is 'Ooh My Head' by Ritchie Valens (which is actually a rewrite of 'Ooh My Soul' by Little Richard) and although they give co-credit to Mrs. Valens, she had to fight for it...the insturmental 'Bron-y-aur' is actually an old folk piece by Bert Jansch, almost note for note rip off (as is White Summer/Black Mountain Side among others).
The first album is almost entirely plagarism...aside from the Willie Dixon and Bert Jansch numbers,
'Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You' is an old trad folk song. The Zep version is based on the Joan Baez version. On the other hand, 'Traveling Riverside Blues' bears absoutley no resemblence at all the the Robert Johnson version...lyrically the verses are just 'riffing' on Robert Johnson, there are words from a few different songs in that one...musically it's nothing like the RJ song at all. Different key, different arrangement, its ironic that they give Johnson credit for such a loose interpretation while ignoring others that they copied more closely. hmmm...
All the greats stole from others (including the WHO), it's just that they all give credit where it's due...not so for Led Zep it seems.
peace

Andy

"I don't talk to musicians...
they might influence me."