Re: The Who-Zep connection; Testy; Glittering boy

>Unfortunately, you might just be right. But, I hope it isn't that bad and maybe it won't be.

Jo:

I can only think about Rod Stewart and his stomach full of...you remember that one, or Mick Jagger & Keith Richards getting their blood replaced in the 60's to cure them from heroin, or Frank Zappa taking a shit on stage, and then Alice Cooper eating it...there are SO many untrue urban legends out there. We KNOW they're not true, but we keep hearing them repeated anyway.

>How many public figures have been accused of pedophile and

I can't say I remember any, or even anyone but Gary Glitter being accused (unfortunately not long after he was in The Who, good thing no one's brought THAT up!).

>happening to Pete, maybe it won't turn out the way we think it will, in 10 years.

Hope springs eternal, just ask Kevin. I wish I could be as optimistic.

>Forget, now you are a dangerous subversive... watch out! the fascists got the power :-(

Tom:

I know, I know...but they're being found out! I love it! Where are those dern WMD, anyway? Didn't exist? NO SHIT!

> Forgive them, cause they don't know what they do.

Ha ha, good one.

>Who and Zep both are popular, but there is a little degree of diference between them, and you know what is - it is passion and sincerity and authenticity and talent and originality - the salt of earth, ya know

I hope you didn't expect me to disagree with you on this.

>But then the passion was gone...

Yes, and thank the Big G they got it back in 1996!

> i'm sure when his autobiography comes out, it will put the cherry on the cake of his innocence and people will look back fondly on the contriubutions he and

Joel:

You're an optimist, I'll give you that.

>producer. gary glitter however, HIS career is going down the toilet pretty quick. think about it.

I'm trying to remember Gary Glitter's "career" in the first place. One song, more known by sports fans, right? He didn't have far to go to the bottom, I'd say.

Cheers             ML
      An American loses his or her job every 30 seconds
          under Bush, 2.8 million jobs lost so far.