Amazing Journey/Sparks

Hello,

I'm listening to Amazing Journey/Sparks - the Tommy album version -
this morning while working away on my PC.    I'm thinking how wonderful
this song is, and how it tells such a strong story all by itself, even if the
vocals were removed.   I'm also remembering Pete and Roger performing
it with the band in Camden in 2002.   Last year this time I already had my
tickets, and was looking forward to hooking up at Hanks before the show.
John was still alive.  There was no A Different Bomb, Arrest, Caution, or
Sex Offenders List (Alan and Scott, should that be with an apostrophe.
I'm almost certain that they don't own the list, so there is no ownership -
just membership).   We were previewing rehearsals, and remarking at
how John was sitting on a stool    Should Simon be included?   Was there
going to be new songs?   Is Roger's voice up to the task?    What was up
with the Toronto Show?    Is the Cleveland show still planned?   Will it be
a varied set?   Venue maps were being studied.    Ticket offers were being
posted.   There was excitement.

What a difference a year makes.     The music is as strong as ever for me.

Someday it will be all we have.

Joe in Philly