Re: Response From Phoenix Survivors

	>From: "An English Boy"
	>Subject: Re: Response From Phoenix Survivors
	>
>Why, Kevin, has someone else's organization change of opinion* given you
>cause to seemingly reverse your own?
>
>This puzzles me, because, everything that traumatised you so, is, in fact,
>still on the face of the issues.

Not to peg you as predictable, but I swear I *knew* *you* were going to make this post.
I knew it last night.  No lie.
Perhaps that's just a reflection of your consistency.

So, to answer, in one word, .....HOPE.
It shows that I'm not missing anything.
That's one of the reasons I went to Phoenix House was to understand their view.
I think my letter to Phoenix House will make it a bit clearer for you.

To add to the clarity, I'm still pissed at Pete for being "stupid", and the effect it has had on him, his reputation, The Who and it's reputation.
I'm still miffed at him for giving money.
I'm still very disappointed with his initial communication via his web diary, and really believe he should post something of a much more conciliatory tone, directed at the victims, and now also expressing his thanks to Phoenix Survivors.

But, now I know that he is no longer the focus of scorn by the very victims he's been trying to help.  On the contrary, they are supportive, *AND* proactive!
*THAT*, to me is very significant.
I'm not forced to take a side anymore.
Before, I hate to say it, I had to stand with the victims and not Pete.
I'm now standing with the same group that now includes Pete.
It's a big step back to normalcy.

Hope this helps.
Kevin in VT