Petition to remove Pete's name from list

Sorry about the rough remarks about Phoenix Survivors.
They are trying to make up for what they did by
starting an e-mail petition drive to remove Pete's
name from the Sex Offenders Registry. Here's the
website that contains their further statement of
support for Pete and instructions for the e-mail
campaign.
http://www.phoenixsurvivors.com/Townshendx.html

I've already sent mine in. Here it is:

Dear Mr. Blunkett,

I am writing you urging that Pete Townshend's name be
removed from the British Sex Offenders Register.

It might seem that such a law should be enforced to
the letter as an example to others. Nevertheless, it
is sending out a very bad signal.

Before, when parents heard that someone is moving next
door who is on the Sex Offenders Register, they
replied, "I don't want a paedophile living next to my
kids!" Now they have to ask, "I wonder if he is
actually guilty of anything or was placed on the
Register automatically like Pete Townshend?"

I am writing to you on the urging of an
anti-paedophile website called Phoenix Survivors. On
their home page they have a link encouraging people to
report child porn. How likely am I to do that if I'm
afraid my computers will be seized, my name dragged
through the mud and end up for five years on a Sex
Offenders list? That's exactly what happened to Mr.
Townshend after he reported the child porn he
discovered.

Yours,

Brian Cady

=====